This week we created our base software requirement specifications (SRS). It was quite a challenge to accomplish.
First, we had to think about specific components and detailed features. Second, it was our first SRS. With the help of the explanations provided in the Word document, we managed to fill in all the different parts.
It is much more clear now how we have to build our project and moreover which parts are important. For example, accessibility is not a point most software engineers think about in the first place. But it is really important for our users. Another important point is security. Since we will use external APIs and services to get our data, we have to think about vulnerabilities in our data processing. Especially things like SQL injections might be a problem.
You can find the newest version of our SRS in our documents git wiki: https://gitlab.com/sasep-clairvoyance/sasep-documents/wikis/SRS
It is still kind of WIP so please remember that when commenting 🙂
We also did our first use-case diagram. For that we had to think about specific user interactions with our application. You can find that on our documents git and in this blog post as an image.